Vegan *hear me out* Spaghetti Bolognese...
This recipe by Victoria Pope, fellow Bean and the face behind @nutrition4foodies on insta, has created this warming, nourishing and best of all easy recipe for any carnivore to enjoy.
Gluten free: Dairy free: Vegan: Sugar free
• Olive oil
• 1 eggplant, diced
• 1 brown onion, finely diced
• 1 carrot, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 200g mushrooms (approx. 2 cups), finely chopped
• 1 tin tomatoes
• 2 tins lentils, drained and well rinsed
• 1/2 cup passata
• 1/2 cup quality vegetable stock
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• Sea Salt and Pepper
To serve: zucchini noodles or pasta of choice
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with paper. Spread the eggplant across
the tray and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven
for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
2. While the eggplant is roasting, place a large saucepan over a medium high heat and drizzle
with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once heated add in the onion and carrot and sauté for 4-5
minutes until softened. Next add in the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add
the tomatoes, lentils, passata, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and oregano and bring to
the boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer.
3.Once the eggplant is cooked add it to the saucepan and cover with a lid. Simmer for a
minimum of 30minutes, the longer you leave it the richer the flavours become. Season with
sea salt and black pepper and serve on top of your choice of noodles or pasta!
It's simply amaze! And no, i didn't come up with the recipe but even i have the skills in the kicthen to knock this one up.